Who Should Attend:
Semiconductor engineers who are involved in the manufacture, assembly and failure analysis of microelectronic devices.
Participant must be a graduate of an engineering course
At the end of this course the participants are expected to:
- To familiarize the participant with the basic procedures of failure analysis.
- To give an overview of available non-destructive and destructive testing methods in connection with failure analysis.
- To discuss common mechanisms of failure in microelectronic components.
- General Practice in Failure Analysis
- Procedure for microelectronic components
- Non-destructive testing
- Destructive Testing
- Packaging failures
- Die-level failures
The training will consist mainly of lectures about the topics in the outline. Participants are free to ask their questions after each topic is discussed especially in relation to their own work experiences in the area of failure analysis.