Construction of infrastructure projects can exert significant environmental and social impacts if not properly managed. Construction activities can bring about water and air pollution, noise, dust, and wastes. Communities can be affected by the use of local roads for construction, affecting traffic patterns and local infrastructure, increasing levels of noise and dust and other nuisances thus generating conflicts with local communities. Camps and camp workers can exert significant impacts on local communities. The mitigation of environmental and social impacts during construction requires the application of good practices and close supervision of contractors. This webinar series intends to provide participants with the basic knowledge of environmental and social impacts during construction of infrastructure projects and the good practices that are available to manage them. It will also provide participants with the supervision tools to ensure compliance by contractors.
Program ObjectiveThis program aims to provide the elements for addressing environmental and social impacts during construction of infrastructure projects, the tools to improve the management of construction practices and the approaches in order to ensure compliance by contractors.
• Environment and Social Safeguard Staff from Project Implementing Units of Government agencies involved in infrastructure projects
• PMU Officers
• Local Government Unit Personnel involved in development projects
• Environmental and Social Consultants/Specialists
• Contractors and Sub-contractors
• Environmental Planners
• Project Engineers
• Engineering Consultants
The Training investment is Twelve Thousand Pesos (P12,000) or 250USD per participant. This includes certificate, access to four (4) webinars, and six-month access to online course materials.
1. Direct bank deposit (details and instructions upon completion of registration)
2. Online bank transfer thru Landbank PESONET; account UPD LBP via PESONET
3. Landbank payment thru LinkBiz (Merchant: University of the Philippines Diliman) Please select transaction type (Seminar/Training/Conference Fee)
Submission button not working? Click this link to direct:
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
MAYUMI C. PIMENTEL or ARLYH F. HIRAO
Mobile no: +63 908 2437081